The requirements for the issue of a GIP A are:
- (Intended) import of more than 3'000 m³ of compulsorily stockpiled products per calendar year
- Sufficient tank space for compulsorily stockpiled and manoeuvring quantities
- Building up compulsorily stockpiled quantities
- Concluding a compulsory stockpiling agreement with the FONES
- Membership of CARBURA
- Payment of the guarantee fund contributions
- The applicant must be entered in the Swiss trade register.
The GIP A is not transferable. It entitles the holder to import compulsorily stockpiled goods and special products free of any quantity or time restrictions.